Friday, June 21, 2013

My Latest Project "Here and Now: But What About Tomorrow

Solar energy is finally being recognized for the power and inherent beauty it possess.  It's usage is on the rise and accounts for ". . . 48% of new electric capacity in Q1 2013." in the U.S., according to Solar Energy Industries Associations (U.S. Solar Market Insight),http://www.seia.org/research-resources/us-solar-market-insight.  This is great news!

However, with mega solar projects being installed, such as the one in Franklin County Vermont, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20130604/BUSINESS/306040014/Big-solar-plant-under-construction-Franklin-County or the in the Mojave Desert in California, by Ivanpah, http://www.brightsourceenergy.com/ivanpah-solar-project, I believe there is reason to worry and now!

The current project I am working on, "Here and Now: But What About Tomorrow" depicts alterations to the landscape as a result of our energy needs.  Take a look at the beginning stages of my project and decide for yourself, or at least see how aimlessly scarring the landscapes with wires, utility poles, substations, and damns, has created at the very least an eye soar.  So what will be the repercussions of literally blocking out blanketing the Earth with monstrous solar arrays.

Believe me, to see the entire planet powered by renewable energies would be a dream come true for me and I even have a trackable solar panel on my property.  However, great mindfulness, diligence, and research was taken before doing so.  Erecting an solar panel was not and is not about how much money it costs or how much of a savings it will be.  It is about how much I can do to be carbon neutral and leave as little trace as possible of my existence on this Earth.  The resources on this planet are not mine for the taking, but to borrow for the very short and minute time that I do exist.

Let me know what you think.  Please just remember this is a professional site. Thanks!

















No comments:

Post a Comment